One of the most important concerns of immigrants to Turkey is keeping their cash capital in this country. Problems such as theft or losing cash have become a concern for most immigrants. Our suggestion to you is to opening a bank account in Turkey to avoid these issues. Many domestic companies and businesses need an international bank account for their transactions and businesses with foreign countries, and also many people due to immigrants. They need to open a bank account in a foreign country, including Turkey.
Every year, the Central Bank of Turkey announces new rules for the state and private banks of this country. Part of these rules is related to opening bank accounts for foreign customers.
In recent years, measures have been taken to open an account for Iranians in Turkey. Compared to previous years, despite the US sanctions, these laws have facilitated the process of opening an account for Iranians. They have officially opened an account for Iranians. This means that any Iranian person can have a global SWIFT account in less than a few hours.
Why open a bank account in Turkey?
The first step in anything is to know why and the second step is how to do it, Opening a bank account in Turkey is no exception to this and it is necessary to know the answer to this question before knowing the terms and conditions of opening a bank account in Turkey.
- Immigration to Turkey
- In investing in Turkey, one of the requirements of which is to have a bank account in this country.
- Are you the owner of a company that needs to exchange foreign currency with foreign countries? Turkey is one of the best countries to achieve this goal because it should be known that this country is among the countries that are exempt from the financial sanctions of the United States…
Advantages of a bank account in Turkey:
- Activities in various fields, including private banking, retail, corporate banking, mortgages, etc.
- Having more than 1000 branches in Turkey
- Validity of the card and its use all over the world
- Service around the clock
- Having a mobile bank without having a bank account and using facilities such as paying bills, shopping online, paying taxes, etc.
- Receive visa card, master card, debit, and credit cards
- Very high security with very special features through opening a bank account in Turkey
- The possibility of saving money and connecting with all international banks
- High satisfaction of different nationalities
- Currency account (dollar, lira, euro)
In which Turkish banks can you have a bank account?
Currently, Negin Group is proud to announce that it has the ability to open bank accounts in Turkey for dear Iranians in two Turkish banks because such a possibility is currently only available to our institution.
Ziraat Bank: It is a public bank of the Republic of Turkey where you can open an account and have a one-year deposit
Is Bank: It is the largest bank in Turkey and you can open a bank account in this bank by obtaining a Turkish tourist residence.
Methods of opening a bank account in Turkey:
1- Opening an account when you reside in Turkey:
If you are a resident of Turkey and want to open a bank account, you must bring a birth certificate from the Turkish civil registry office, a water, electricity, or gas bill in your name, a Kimlik card (residence card), and a Turkish SIM card. The best banks for opening an account with a residence are IS and ZIRAAT banks. Residents of Turkey can open a bank account with their Visa or MasterCard. The issued bank cards will be sent to your registered postal address after about 1 week.
2- Opening an account when you do not have a Turkish residence:
If you do not have a Turkish residence and want to open a bank account, you can only do it with your passport and by visiting the Bank of Agriculture. You must first go to the Turkish Tax Office and get a tax code by providing a valid residential address. Then go to the bank with your tax code and passport and open an account. After opening the account, your bank card will be issued and delivered to you.
Opening an account through deposit:
Reputable Turkish banks have set conditions for people who want to open an account in Turkey through the deposit. Of course, this option has only been added for 1 year. You need 30 thousand Turkish Lira to open an account through the deposit. This deposit is for 1 month and interest is also accrued on it.
Bank interest in Turkey is different in different months and years. In general, Turkish banks give more interest to short-term deposits. For example, 3-month deposits earn more interest than 1-year deposits.
4- Opening an account through company registration in Turkey:
Turkey allows people to open an account in Turkey through company registration in Turkey. These bank accounts are registered with the name of the company and are considered a business and corporate accounts. Accounts opened through company registration have the ability to set withdrawal limits by different people and have multiple signatures.
Necessary documents to open a bank account in Turkey without residence
- The presence of a person in one of the bank branches along with the original passport
- Get tax code
- Turkish sim card
Documents required to open a bank account in Turkey with residence
- The presence of a person with a Turkish Kimlik card (residence in Turkey)
- Registration form in the Population Department
- Turkish sim card
- The amount required as a deposit
- Original and copy of passport
People who intend to open an account in one of the Turkish banks should obtain a tax code from the Turkish Tax Office or Vergi Dairesi before going to the bank. To receive the tax code, the applicant must go to one of the Diresi centers and submit the original copy of the passport and the completed form – which includes personal information and address. The employees of these centers provide the tax code in the form of a 10-digit number inserted on a white card in a relatively short time and free of charge.
To open an account in Turkey, you need a utility bill such as electricity or water issued in your name. You can apply for a tax number from your local tax office and receive a tax identification number right away. You can also apply for a tax number using your valid foreign national identity number.
In some circumstances, it is necessary for the applicant to deposit an amount to the bank when opening the account. Money deposited in the bank as a deposit cannot be withdrawn for a certain period of time, usually 30 working days.
Any foreigner with a valid foreign national identity number or Turkish work or residence permit has the right to easily open a Turkish account by providing the required documents without any restrictions. One can even open a bank account online by visiting the official website of their desired bank and following the steps.
Types of credit cards of Turkish banks
Credit cards and related services are one of the most important services that banks can provide and make many transfers easy.
You can receive the following cards according to the account you opened
A credit card refers to a group of credit cards that can be received from any type of financial institution or bank. These credit cards are usually issued in the form of MasterCard or Visa cards and are available to people depending on their needs. This card is used for international transactions and looks similar to normal credit cards. You might ask, what is the difference between credit cards and normal credit cards?!
To know this difference, we will first explain the types of bank cards to you so that you can understand this difference better
Bank cards are classified into three different types
- Debit card: to normal cards that are intended for everyday use, so this card is connected to a person’s bank account and all financial transactions are from the same account.
- Prepaid cards: This type of card is almost the same as a debit card, but with the difference that the credit in them is a fixed and specific credit and is not connected to a bank account. To understand the effectiveness of this card, you can refer to the gift cards that are given by different institutions.
- Credit cards or credit cards: Credit cards are the last category of bank cards that, due to the bank’s trust in a person, it is possible to make purchases or international transactions even more than their credit. Therefore, the person is considered a debtor and must pay the amount of his debt to the bank within a certain period in the following months.
Credit card applications
- With a credit card in your hand, you can do many different activities and you can even use this card as an alternative card instead of your other cards.
- An example of MasterCard applications
- Making any in-person purchases using a card reader or so-called POS device
- The possibility of receiving cash or withdrawing money directly from the account through an ATM machine
- Making all kinds of online purchases on international websites, software
- Making offline payments that are often done from the bank’s phone or paper forms
Note that the variety of currency will not create any restrictions and you can easily make your transfers. The point that needs to be mentioned here is that a Visa card can be issued as a credit card, prepaid card, or debit card.
In this brief section, we talk about agricultural banks and their:
Ziraat Bankası of Turkey
The Bank of Turkey is one of the state-owned banks of Turkey that follows Turkish banking laws. According to these laws, it is possible for all foreigners to open an account and enjoy bank interest with a specified percentage. Ziraat Bank of Turkey or Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Ziraat Bankası is the only Turkish state bank where Iranians can open an account with a passport, residence card and tax number. It is interesting to know that the establishment of the Bank of Turkey is the beginning of the modern banking period in Turkey. This bank was initially formed as a charitable fund to meet the needs of farmers in Ottoman society. And now it is one of the best and most suitable banks in Turkey for investment.
These days, the Bank of Turkey is one of the international banks and has branches in many countries in addition to all the cities of Turkey.
Some of the countries where the bank has branches are:
- Northern Cyprus
Advantages of opening an account in the Bank of Agriculture of Turkey:
- Opening a bank account with Euro, Pound, and Lira currencies
- Opening a lira deposit account with the ability to receive interest
- Issuance of bank cards, Visa cards, Master cards, debit cards, and credit cards providing SWIFT services to transfer currency to and from Turkey
- Efficient internet bank and mobile bank
- 24/7 telephone service
- Connecting the Bank of Turkey to the global banking system
- The possibility of online shopping inside and outside Turkey
- Receive a visa card in the name of the applicant
- Receive a master card in the name of the applicant
Ziraat Mobil Mobile Bank also has many practical features. Features such as opening long-term and short-term deposits and paying water and electricity bills are among the features of this application.
Buying and selling dollars and other currencies at daily rates and like exchange is one of the practical features of this program.
It should be noted that for security reasons, the possibility of logging in from outside Turkey is blocked by default for this software.
When opening an international account, you must activate it and establish access from Iran.
İş Bank (Türkiye İş Bankası) was built on August 6, 1924, by order of Atatürk, and at first, the management of this bank was in the hands of Jalal Bayar. The reason for the establishment of the Is Bank of Turkey was that Indian Muslims could use the Imperial Bank of Turkey to transfer their gold and money to this country and support the independence of Turkey. Ish Bank is one of the private banks in Turkey, which is considered the largest bank in this country is known.
Advantages of opening an account in Ish Bank:
- The possibility of buying from different Darga through the bank cards of this bank.
- Receiving MasterCard or Visa cards.
- Opening currency accounts such as dollars and euros.
- The possibility of high financial transactions.
- Transfer money to other countries.
- It has a travel bank check system.
- Comprehensive management in the Internet Bank system.
- It also has a trust fund.
- Receiving cards such as Visa card or Master card with a high internet purchase limit
Ish Bank’s practical application with many features, which is known as İşCep among customers, is one of the other digital facilities of Ish Bank, where you can easily do many of your daily tasks, such as receiving account balances, transferring money, paying bills, purchasing recharges. and… and you don’t need to go to ATM machines anymore.
You can contact our colleagues to get free advice and more information about Opening a bank account in Turkey.
Our consultants will patiently answer your questions.
Our Instagram: MR_ALANYA_
Your satisfaction is our credit…