In recent years, due to the economic and political conditions of Iran, many people have decided to emigrate from this country. But the basic question that will occupy the mind of anyone who makes this decision is where and how to migrate.
One of the countries that have always been the destination of Iranians’ migration in Turkey. In these years, obtaining Turkish citizenship has received a lot of attention from Iranians. In this article, we will examine this issue. We will also introduce you to the problems and benefits of acquiring Turkish citizenship by buying property.
Due to its geographical location and being in the middle of the two continents of Asia and Europe, Turkey has kept its originality from Asia and the growth and progress from Europe.
In 1987, Turkey applied for membership in the European Union, and in 1999, the European Union introduced Turkey as an official candidate. This country has continuously sought membership in the European Union.
Therefore, Turkey has special economic relations with the countries of the European Union, which has made it very important in the field of economic issues.
Reviewing the budget and foresight in immigration:
Before any immigration issue, our focus should be on our financial capital and our job ability. Turkey has always been one of the options for immigrants. By obtaining Turkish citizenship, you can enjoy the benefits of citizenship in this country along with a good life. In this article, we will help you to step into this with complete knowledge.
How to obtain Turkish citizenship?
If you are looking for immigration, surely you are thinking about how to get citizenship in the destination country. By holding the permanent citizenship of the destination country, you will benefit from the facilities of that country. Facilities that are very golden and important for you and your children.
This is the citizenship of the destination country, with which you can be sure of your future and that of your children. If you immigrate to a country where it is not easy to get citizenship, you will definitely get into a lot of problems. Our life is not long enough to experience a few wrong migrations!
But the basic question that will occupy the mind of anyone who makes this decision is where and how?! Before any immigration issue, our focus should be on our financial capital and our job ability.
The difference between residency and Turkish citizenship
If you intend to immigrate and live in another country, the following paths are in front of you:
- obtaining residence
- Obtaining citizenship
You will live as a foreigner in the country of your choice. And you have limited rights and benefits compared to other citizens of that country, and your stay is temporary, and if the laws of that country change for the stay of foreign nationals, it may affect your life, for example, Turkey in 2020. It approved the non-extension of residences.
If you obtain citizenship of the country in question, you will be considered a person with the nationality of that country, and like other people of that country, you will enjoy all the rights and benefits, for example, the right to free education, all kinds of free health insurance. , opening an account in different banks, working permits, permanent residence, etc. Note that the requirements for obtaining Turkish citizenship are different according to the type of your application.
Inflation in Turkey:
Considering the ever-increasing prices of dollars and euros in Iran, if you decide to immigrate to countries whose reference currency is dollars and euros, you certainly need much more capital.
In these countries, your capital is at least 30 times less, and this is terrible for an immigrant!
But in Turkey, your capital will be a quarter, and on the other hand, your expenses are less than in other countries. You should also consider the culture of the destination country, proximity to Iran, weather, etc. Also, the price ratio of real estate in this country is much lower than in European countries and countries like Canada.
Istanbul real estate:
Of course, in some parts of Istanbul, properties with astronomical prices are also available. Properties with a very beautiful view of the sea and the beautiful city of Istanbul.
It totally depends on what you are looking for and what lifestyle you are looking for in Turkey.
Apart from these issues, you will be able to obtain Turkish citizenship much more easily than in other countries. We will explain the ways to obtain Turkish citizenship. You should pay special attention to the fact that your complete knowledge and your cooperation with an experienced team will make you more accurate and comfortable in reaching your goals.
Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship:
The Turkish Citizenship by Investment program (often referred to as the Turkish Golden Visa) was launched in 2016. This program allows foreign investors to receive a Turkish passport within three to six months. In the following, we are with you on 5 ways to obtain Turkish citizenship.
1) The first way to obtain Turkish citizenship is through real estate investment.
By investing in real estate worth $400,000 in this country, you will be able to obtain Turkish citizenship and a passport within three months. But you should spend at least 5-7 years in other countries without any problems. Achieve this goal. Apart from this, a huge part of your capital is spent on obtaining citizenship in other countries. This means that you spend a lot of money to achieve your goal. Also, it is very time-consuming and difficult for you to become a citizen of other countries.
But by investing in the real estate sector of Turkey, not only your capital will not be lost, but it will also lead to profit and income.
Your capital has turned into one or more apartments or villas that you do not have the right to sell for three years.
But after three years, you can sell your property at a profit and leave Turkey if necessary. You will definitely have a good return on your purchase. We are by your side to make a confident purchase for you at a real price. This will make a big difference in your choice of the destination country.
Buying a property less than $400,000
By buying an apartment with a minimum price of 75,000 dollars in big cities or 50,000 dollars in small cities, you can get Turkish citizenship, but on the condition that you are present in this country.
By buying a property and registering your residence to obtain Turkish citizenship from the very beginning, you will succeed in achieving your goal after five to eight years.
2) Obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment in the bank
Turkish citizenship through investment in the bank is more in demand than other methods. Over the past two years, more than 35,000 people have received Turkish passports in this way. The applicant can choose one of the 4 investment options below.
- investing in the bank: You can save up to $500,000 in any currency accepted by the Turkish bank. The average deposit interest in Turkish lira in 2023 is approximately 10-15% and in dollars – from 0.9 to 1.5% and has not changed until today.
- Buying national securities: Buy and hold $500,000 worth of government bonds and notes for 3 years.
- Buying government bonds: Purchase of shares of investment funds specializing in real estate for $500,000 with a commitment to hold the assets for three years.
- Business startup: Setting up a business worth $500,000 or hiring 50 Turkish workers.
After immigrating to Turkey, obtaining citizenship through bank investment is done in several stages:
First of all, you should go to one of the branches of the Turkish Tax Administration or get your tax code online and open an account in one of the Turkish banks. Previously, in the article on opening an account in Turkish banks, we reviewed the steps and conditions for opening an account in 2023.
Investing with deposits is considered a safe and effective way to achieve your goal, but this work is not very wise considering that it gives you a very small profit.
Investing in Turkish citizenship is refundable. Three years after obtaining citizenship, you can sell your purchased securities or property or lose your deposit. If you are lucky, your investment will be profitable.
3) Obtain Turkish citizenship by registering the company
For any business activity such as opening a restaurant, cafe, beauty salon, etc. in Turkey, you must first register a company. All foreigners in Turkey must first register to start any business.
By establishing a company in Turkey, you can get a work permit and after receiving a work permit, you can enter and leave Turkey without restrictions, insure yourself, and get a permanent residence after 5 years. There are cheaper and easier ways than registering a company in Turkey just to obtain a residence, which was mentioned in the previous topics.
4) Obtaining Turkish citizenship by being employed in a Turkish company
If you don’t intend to register your company, you can send your application to Turkish companies based on your Turkish language proficiency and expertise and skills. After being approved by the company, you can send a request for a work permit in Turkey and receive a work residence card. After 5 years of continuous extension of your work residence, you can apply for permanent residence and obtain Turkish citizenship.
5) Obtaining citizenship through marriage with a Turk
If you marry a person who is a citizen of this country, you can get Turkish citizenship. But you should pay attention to the fact that by marrying a Turk, you will succeed in obtaining Turkish citizenship and a passport after 3 years.
Also, after the marriage and registration of the application, the Turkish Population and Citizenship Department conducts an investigation regarding its informality and the past of the parties.
We hope that this article will help you in your decision to migrate.
Negin Business Group with its permanent office in Alanya, Turkey, and its other branches in Istanbul and Izmir, is ready to serve you dear ones.
All activities for obtaining Turkish citizenship will be done by a first-rate Turkish lawyer and property purchased by our experienced consultants.
Benefits of obtaining Turkish citizenship
In this regard, some examples of the benefits of obtaining a Turkish passport can be mentioned:
- According to the new law, you can obtain a Turkish passport and citizenship in 60 working days.
- You can travel to 100 visa-free countries and 26 Schengen member countries with easy entry conditions.
- Turkish passport is one of the top 30 passports in the world.
- This passport allows you to study for free and also to use the university tuition refund program.
- You do not need a residence permit for the duration of your stay in Turkey.
- With this passport, you can enjoy retirement benefits like Turkish citizens.
- You can vote in all elections.
- You can benefit from all Turkish medical benefits.
- A Turkish passport allows you to be a dual citizen.
- Turkish passport is valid for 10 years.
- The possibility of opening a bank account in international banks
- Trade away from embargo with the whole world
- The possibility of receiving bank facilities with very low interest
- Buying cars and other goods at reasonable global prices
- Facilitation obtaining visas from other reputable countries such as Canada and the United States
- In case of obtaining citizenship by you; Spouses and family members under 18 years of age can also obtain Turkish citizenship at the same time.
Turkish passport types:
There are four different types of passports in Turkey, which are as follows:
This passport is a normal passport for ordinary citizens of Turkey, which is issued to Turkish citizens over the age of 18 for a period of 10 years. While this passport is valid for 5 years for citizens under 18 years old.
The green passport (Turkish: Yeşil Passport) allows its holder to travel to certain countries without the need for a visa. Special people such as managers, MPs, government employees (1st, 2nd, and 3rd), mayors, spouses of special passport holders, etc.
This passport is for the head of the judiciary, ministers, former presidents, members of the Supreme Court, commanders, mayors, etc.
It is for diplomats, politicians, national athletes, government officials, Red Crescent employees, journalists, people sent for foreign missions, etc.
What points should we pay attention to in order to obtain Turkish citizenship by buying a property?
- One of the most important points to consider when buying a property to obtain Turkish citizenship is the price of the property. According to the latest Turkish immigration law, you are required to fill the ceiling of 400,000 dollars to purchase real estate. Now you can fill this amount by buying a luxury apartment or buying several apartments in a poorer neighborhood. But you may pay an amount more than this, but it is not approved by the inspector. Now the question arises, when does this happen? In some cases, the project or the person you buy from, the ability or intention They do not show the price of the property, this does not mean that the said property is not worth this amount with your agreed price. This happens when the builder has provided fewer project construction costs to the government. Or the seller of the property less than 5 years from the time of purchase intends to sell now and the price mentioned in the document is much lower than your agreed price. Now, because these people, if they want to show the real price, they will be subject to a tax of 22 to 35 percent. They will not be willing to provide the real price to the government and will demand their money in cash. In this case, you will not be able to obtain Turkish citizenship on the purchased property.
- Your purchase must be purchased from a Turkish seller. Or manufacturers who have complete documents accepted by the Turkish government and have registered the company in Turkey.
- You will not be able to sell the property for 3 years. The Turkish government receives a written guarantee from you for this matter. Your citizenship rights will be revoked in case of violation.
- The fourth thing is that you must transfer the property amount from your bank account to the buyer’s account. And in the description section, enter exactly that the reason for this deposit is for the desired property and to obtain citizenship.
- Also, choose a good and experienced lawyer in this field who will do your citizenship work in the best way. We at Negin Group will provide you with the best possible legal services and have experienced lawyers.
- You can buy several properties and apply for a Turkish passport together.
Important cases of acquiring Turkish citizenship by purchasing real estate in installments:
Some completed projects allow their customers to purchase property in installments to obtain Turkish citizenship. But is this possible? Yes!
Here we will explain the upcoming modes for you with examples so that you can understand this issue better. If you buy a property with a price higher than 400,000 dollars. For example, $500,000 and if you have paid $400,000 in cash, you will be able to obtain Turkish citizenship by presenting the payment documents and the required documents. If you have named a percentage of the document that fills the value of 400,000 dollars, you can easily apply for Turkish citizenship. If you don’t provide documents, you can take action, but you will have a difficult road ahead.
Note that if you take a loan on your document, you will not be able to get citizenship on that document.
You should always pay attention to these small but very important points. Also, in this case, you will not have the right to sell your property for up to 3 years. If you want to sell your property to a foreigner who wants to apply for a passport, you must do it after 5 years.
The next thing is that if you bought a property in a different period of time, you can use it for Turkish citizenship. But you should pay attention to the fact that you have done the payment and transfer procedures correctly for the properties you have bought before.
You may have bought your old property with a mortgage or bank mortgage. In this case, it is not possible to show the amount you put in the mortgage to obtain Turkish citizenship. These are very important points that you should pay special attention to in order to reach your goal. And not complying with any of these issues will prevent you from obtaining citizenship and your capital will suffer losses. Or at least fall behind in reaching your goal.
Can we rent out our properties after obtaining Turkish citizenship in Turkey?
You are generally allowed to rent out your property. But in both cases, you are not allowed to do this.
- If you bought a property worth less than $400,000 and registered your residency as an investment, get citizenship after 5 years. You are not allowed to rent the property on which you registered your address. If you do this and the Turkish government finds out about this, your stay will be canceled.
- You are not allowed to rent your property to people who are not allowed to stay in Turkey. If this happens, you will be dealt with legally and in the most optimistic case, a fine will be considered for you.
- You are not allowed to rent your property to someone who wants to have an illegal activity. For example, someone who wants to mine Bitcoin.
Is it possible to sell our property after obtaining a passport?
You will not be allowed to sell your property for 3 years after buying a property with the intention of obtaining Turkish citizenship. And you will be required not to sell the property. But after 3 years you will be allowed to sell your property. You can even take your capital out of this country and transfer it anywhere.
Also, you should keep in mind that you cannot sell your property to its previous owner or his first-degree family.
Regarding Turkish citizenship, you should pay attention to a series of small points when buying a property. Although these tips are simple, they can be very effective in your process. You must buy your property from a Turkish guy or Turkish company.
Does the property we buy to obtain Turkish citizenship have a financial benefit for us at the time of sale?
In Turkey, the inflation rate is generally determined by the government every year. This rate varies according to the rate of the dollar and euro against the Turkish lira, as well as the economic conditions of Turkey. You can normally expect 10-15% growth on your property per year. This percentage can increase up to 50% depending on the conditions, such as 2020-2021. All these issues, as mentioned, are inseparable from the conditions of Turkey. Here we will review the conditions and forecasts in the normal and ideal state.
Investing in real estate has always been a safe investment everywhere in the world. And without a doubt, if you make a proper purchase in Turkey, you will sell it at a good profit in the future.
Do not be deceived by fraudsters:
Do not be fooled by people who offer you to show more expertise with a lower amount. This is possible only if the manufacturer agrees to pay your shortfall and recover it in installments. If you are interested in receiving files in this regard, please contact us. Paying attention to these points in business will protect you from possible losses.
Review of Turkey’s economy:
In recent years, especially in the 21st century, Turkey has always been one of the top economies in the world. This country has the vision to be among the top ten economies in the world by 2030. Now, at the time of writing this article, Turkey is among the top 20 economies in the world.
Where does Turkey’s income come from?
1) Car assembly:
Car assembly in Turkey is one of the main incomes of this country. Most of the car manufacturing companies in this country have their own assembly company. Companies like: Ford / Fiat / Renault / Honda Civic / Hyundai I20, I10 / Toyota CH-R, VERSO, COROLLA / Isuzu, and…
Also, in the very near future, Turkey will mass produce its exclusive all-electric car. This car will be launched with the most modern technical features and the latest hardware technology. The national car of Turkey will be available in two battery models, one of which is 300 km and the other 500 km efficient. The name of this car will be TOGG.
2) Agriculture in Turkey:
Turkey has very fertile and humid soil. This country is a big producer in the field of apricots, raisins, wheat, etc. Therefore, Turkey earns significant income in this way.
Turkey welcomes many travelers every year. Good weather and beautiful natural and historical landscapes are reasons for people from all over the world to travel to this country. In this way, a flood of capital and currency flows into this country. More than 20 million tourists visit this country annually.
4) Export of food and vegetables:
Although the Turkish government’s reliance on industrial automation has shifted from several decades ago, food exports still form a large part of the country’s income.
5) Buying property by foreigners in Turkey:
Many foreigners have been choosing Turkey as their place of residence for a long time. Therefore, buying a house in Turkey creates jobs and also brings capital to this country. A capital that undoubtedly helps the economy of Turkey with excellent profit.
Most foreigners choose the cities of Istanbul, Alanya, Antalya, Izmir, Kusadasi, and Bodrum to live in. But what are the advantages and disadvantages of these cities?
Now we want to examine these cities so that you can set foot in Turkey according to your goals.
Advantages of buying a property in Alanya:
Alanya is one of the most beautiful and touristic cities in Turkey, which annually hosts many tourists from all over the world. Therefore, you can buy very beautiful properties there and watch their growth.
It is worth mentioning that by buying a property in Alanya, you can also get residence in this country, which is the biggest advantage. Alanya is very pleasant and good in terms of climate. It has very pleasant summers and good winters so that the heat and cold are not annoying, that’s why many tourists choose this city to travel to Turkey for fun and life.
Many Iranians choose this city to stay, and in addition to them, many people from Russia, Ukraine, and Europe also live there. For this reason, several cultures can be seen in Alanya.
The culture of Alanya is a combination of traditional and modern culture. Also, in terms of amenities such as transportation, it is very easy and you will be able to move around easily.
The price of a house in Alanya, Turkey depends on the type of house you are considering.
You can contact our colleagues to receive free advice and more information about obtaining Turkish citizenship.
Our consultants will patiently answer your questions.